1st row: Dan Teece-BAMC, Nancy Jacobson-1st Bank, Cheryl Lindquist-1st Bank, Lisa Lyon-1st Bank, Shane Bauer (President 1st Bank cutting ribbon), Deann LaValley-1st Bank, Laurie Edelman-American Heritage Care Center,
The Central St. Croix Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors visited one of our newest members, 1st Bank of Baldwin, on Thursday, May 21, 2015. We held a ribbon cutting and toured the bank, meeting many of the staff and officers, while learning the history and traditions of this long time Baldwin business.
In September 1883, in this thriving community of farmers and lumbermen, James A. Decker and Armstrong Taylor established and incorporated the Bank of Baldwin. A national charter request was granted in October 1911, and with that came a new name – The First National Bank of Baldwin.
Since the nineteenth century, the banking office has been in three locations, all within three blocks of the original site. In February 1997 the first branch office, located in Nilssen’s Foods in Baldwin, Wisconsin, was opened. A charter change in mid-2003 resulted in a new, simplified name: First Bank of Baldwin.
In August of 2007, First Bank of Baldwin expanded its service area to include two additional branches in Spring Valley and Plum City. Today we find a bank advanced in technology, with funding capabilities for industry, housing, and municipal infrastructure while continuing to provide a variety of personal and business banking products and services. Even with these “big bank” features, the First Bank of Baldwin still maintains its small-town pride.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Online Banking & Bill Pay
24 Hour Phone Banking
Mobile Banking App
Visa® Credit Cards
Safe Deposit Box Rental
Personal money orders
Automatic transfers and payments
Account balancing assistance